Demonstrating to customers that they can provide what has been asked for is absolutely the most persuasive thing a seller can do!
Clearly this is stating the obvious! Yet why do typical salespeople spend 95% of their time doing something else?
Research on over 55,000 business to business sales interactions from London Business School in the UK and Stamford University in the US is underpinned by work based research by The Institute for Marketing and Sales (IMMS), the Recruitment & Employment Confederation (REC), and the Chartered Institute of Professional Development (CIPD) plus our own extensive observations, reveals exactly what sellers do I successful sales calls!
Straplan know exactly what your sellers should do and how to do it! Further we are experts in training and know how to teach your staff to do it. Making your best, better!
S3 Socratic Selling Skills, is a proven sales model that offers a framework for structuring sales conversations to uncover and develop needs. With needs identified you can then build value for your points of difference or unique selling points, giving you and or your team the skills to showcase your solutions to best effect.
The S3 approach has been widely adopted, validation of its ability to produce great results. S3 is built on detailed knowledge of what works, and is still working today, when a seller sits down with a prospect. That’s why we help more than 2000 sales professionals every year to develop their sales skills.
We help address situations like these;
- “Many of our sales people have technical backgrounds, and talk about technical features instead of exploring the client’s business issues.”
- “We need our sellers to build value for our Point of Difference and USPs.”
- “Our people know what they’re doing, but we need to refine their skills and make them consistent – personally, across teams, and across the whole company.”
- “Customers just can’t see why we’re worth a price premium.”
- “We’re treated like a commodity instead of a high value supplier/partner.”
- “We’re just not good at dealing with professional buyers.”
- “We need skills that provide a common language, targets and success measures across the organisation.”
- We need an approach that improves the quality of our customer experience.”
A set of essential verbal skills that give sellers the ability to uncover and develop needs effectively, demonstrate value and make high-impact benefit statements. Described by one client as “the only way to approach B2B selling”, these behaviours require sellers to move away from product-driven sales pitches and inflexible scripts to engage in customer focussed, value-driven, consultative sales conversations.
The Straplan S3 Selling Skills programme is aimed at anyone in sales, business development or
in some other customer-facing role where demonstrating value to a prospect or customer is an important part of what you do – or should be doing. It provides an opportunity for genuine skill development as a platform for making a permanent behaviour change that will positively affect sales performance. The programme provides insights into how buying decisions are made. The S3 best practice model leads delegates to achieve sales advances that build value for both customers and their own organisations. The programme includes real world planning sessions to ensure that the new skills become embedded and that you achieve long-term sales improvements.
To give you:
- Sales with higher value and margins
- A consistent approach to value creation
- Increased levels of customer retention, satisfaction, and loyalty
- Less objections
- A shorter sales cycle
- A common language to evaluate, plan, target and report sales activity
By the end of the programme, participants will have:
- Assessed and understood their current selling processes for strengths and weaknesses
- ability to describe the psychology of customer needs
- Knowledge on how major buying decisions are reached
- The ability to all members of a decision making unit
- demonstrated the key behaviours used by effective salespeople in their verbal interactions with customers
- a framework for planning sales calls in terms of these behaviours
- practised behaviours that greatly reduce the likelihood of objections
- frequently and objectively measured their performance compared with the skilled behaviour model and created an action plan for continued development of the skills after the programme.
- The psychology of decision making.
- Opening a call.
- Identifying and understanding customer needs. The S3 Socratic Selling Skills Model: – Socratic questioning techniques – Problem Payoff Questions.
- Proving capacity and capability.
- Tools to build a persuasive business case.
- Gaining buy-in and obtaining a customer commitment.
- Prevention and handling of objections.
Methodology & practical issues
Sales Training is best learned by practicing so our programmes are a blend of taught content, situational discussions, Recorded role-plays, as well as an optional component of supervised real selling to embed the learned skills. The delegate activity is challenging with delegates working in small groups and pairs to practice skills. Video playback coupled with a critique from peers and presenters enables participant’s experiential learning development. A skill we promote to enable the delegate to continue to learn from real work experiences beyond the programme end.
Participants all receive a practical workbook this is also a comprehensive reference book, both designed for use during and after the programme.